Who says you can’t have pizza once you go vegan? Here’s one of the easiest pizza vegan recipes you can make to celebrate National Pizza Day every February 9. It’s also a great way to celebrate being vegan.
Cooking Vegan Pizza in 5 Easy Steps
- Roll out your homemade dough and place it on your wooden pizza peel or pizza stone.
- Add a generous portion of fresh ripe tomato sauce or vegan-made sauce on top of the dough.
- Place your toppings. Add your favorite vegetables like mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, bell peppers and the like. Include vegan meat products like vegan bacon and tofu, seitan or other mock meats.
- Since we can’t use cheese, use vegan cheese like Daiya mozzarella, and sprinkle them on top of your toppings.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven to 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes or once the crust begins to brown and the cheese has melted.
- Add fresh herbs or hot sauce to enhance the flavor.
- Let it cool and enjoy your pizza!
The recipe can be found here:
Cooking From Scratch
So you’re asking, how can you make the homemade dough, your homemade sauce and your homemade toppings in your pizza? Below are ways to make them:
Ways to Make Homemade Vegan Pizza Dough
1 1/2 cups warm water
A little more than 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 packets of active dry yeast (approximately 1/8 ounce)
2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Mix yeast with warm water into a large bowl. Once foamy, let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk oil, salt and sugar into the yeast mixture.
- Add flour and mix until a sticky dough form appears.
- Move the dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil.
- Cover the bowl using plastic wrap and place it in a room-temperature area.
- After an hour, the dough should have increased in bulk. If this happens, place the dough on a lightly floured level surface and lightly knead once or twice before using.
- If you have any leftover dough, you can always wrap it in plastic and freeze it in a Ziploc or a resealable bag for up to 3 months. Don’t forget to label it before placing it in the freezer.
To know more about the recipe, here’s the link:
Ways to Make Homemade Vegan Pizza Sauce
6 tablespoons of water mixed with 1/2 cube bouillon
1 can of tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Ground black pepper (amount depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener than can be in the form of rice syrup, agave or maple syrup
A pinch of salt and smoked paprika (optional)
A dash of chili flakes (optional)
- Open the tomato paste can and place it in a bowl.
- Mix all of the main ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Place the optional ingredients according to your liking.
- Put and spread the sauce over the pizza dough with just enough space for the crust.
To know more about the recipe, see it here:
What can be used for homemade vegan pizza toppings?
There is a lot of vegan food that can be used as homemade vegan pizza toppings. There’s no limit. Place as many toppings as you want. You can chop veggies and add olive oil to make it tastier. Mock meats or faux meats can be added as well. You’ll get to experience what meat-lovers enjoy with their pizza without the cholesterol and fats. Don’t hesitate to try exotic or unique toppings, like spinach, sun-dried tomatoes or pineapples. Who knows? It might be your secret ingredient in the recipe!
Try other vegan recipes!
See how simple it is to make pizza vegetarian recipes? There are a lot of other easy vegan recipes that you can make that will help you go vegan. One good thing about being vegan is that it’s not really that different from non-vegans. The only difference is that the vegan lifestyle is a healthier choice by choosing to eat only plant-based foods. But that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying yummy meals.
Make sure you eat healthy.
It’s easy to cook vegetarian recipes but you have to balance between flavor and nutrition. One great thing about vegan food is that you can always benefit from their versatility by having to combine ingredients to create something new all the time.
This is what you call having the best of both worlds when you have a vegan lifestyle. The ingredients are already packed with nutrients and take the same time as a regular pizza to be prepared and cooked.