Vegetarian recipes are easy to do. Below are some recipes that even kids can do as long as they have adult supervision. Hope you have fun making these recipes and enjoy eating them!
Terms you need to know.
You find ads and people saying to go vegan. But what is it exactly? What’s the difference between veganism and being vegan? The two are two entirely different things. Veganism is a practice of avoiding animals, including animal products such as dairy, eggs, wool, silk and honey while the vegan is the person that follows the lifestyle of veganism.
What consists of a vegan meal?
Vegan meals are easy to do, especially at breakfast time. A vegan breakfast is often made as a sweet meal that contains cereals, oatmeal and even in a form of fruit smoothies. It’s a great way to fuel your mornings and get going.
Simple Vegetarian Recipes to Kickstart Your Day
Who doesn’t love chocolate? It’s a great vegan breakfast to brighten up your day.
1 ripe large banana
8 slices of whole wheat bread
2 tablespoons vegan shortening
4 ounces Nutella hazelnut spread
- Preheat the grill.
- Mash banana with nutella in mixing bowl. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Slather vegan shortening on half of the bread slices and the remaining bread slices slather the contents of the mixing bowl.
- Press slices together to make a sandwich and grill for 5 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
To find out the original recipe, please check it here:
Mango Crazed Juice Blend
You can also drink your vegan breakfast!
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches
1/4 cup each chopped orange segments and chopped and pitted nectarine
3 cups diced ripe mangoes
2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender for two minutes or until smooth.
See how easy that was to make?
The original recipe can be found here:
Country-Style Fried Potatoes
6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat shortening in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, mix occasionally until brown.
- Add spices: garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Want to know the recipe online? Here’s the link:
Everyone loves waffles. Who doesn’t?
6 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Flax Seed meal
1 3/4 cup soy milk
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine water and flax seed and mix together in a bowl.
- Blend oats in a blender until the consistency is flour-like.
- Add the flax mixture you made in step 2, soy milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, whole wheat flour, agave nectar, canola oil, all-purpose flour, salt to oats.
- Blend all of them until batter is mixed thoroughly.
- Ladle 1/2 cup batter into the preheat waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy (normally 5 minutes).
- Serve well and enjoy.
All of these recipes are easy and simple to make. Not only that, it only takes a few minutes for you to prepare.
If you feel like your vegan breakfast is lacking something because you miss your meat-eating days, here are some ingredients that you can replace with for you to experience and taste like it’s the real thing.
Since vegans do not consume dairy products, milk may be missed for its flavor and richness. It also adds smoothness in baking. You can substitute milk with soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk or rice milk. To get the vanilla taste, you can try vanilla-flavored non-dairy milk.
Eggs work great as a binding agent in baking. They also help food to rise, making it a leavening agent. You can use non-dairy milk as substitutes, but there are also egg substitutes. One good example is ground flax seeds. You can also mix mashed bananas and applesauce. Others try mixing baking powder, baking soda with vinegar.
Honey is a natural sweetener. You can use maple syrup, agave nectar and rice syrup to get that sweet tasting effect.
Butter helps in enhancing the flavor of your foods. You can use unrefined coconut oil or canola oil.
Just remember that a vegan lifestyle could have a well-balanced diet, as long as you eat the right combination of plant-based foods. You might even need to take supplements if you lack nutrients. Always consult with a dietician or a nutritionist if you want to make any significant changes to your diet.
So, now you know being vegan and veganism mean. On top of that, you also know 4 delicious vegan recipes that you can do to help improve your health. You can start adapting to the vegan lifestyle to improve your overall health. Go vegan today!