In this article, we’ll show you a tasty dessert that only needs 7 ingredients to prepare. That’s right, only 7 ingredients. It’s easy to understand that you would add this recipe to your vegan meal plan.
Vegan Banana Cream Pie Blizzard
Please take note that the cashews have to be soaked overnight. Additionally, if you have dry dates, soak them first in hot water for 10 minutes then drain before using.
If there’s no ice cream maker available, you can pour the blended batter in an ice cube tray then freeze. Once done, blend it into a thick shake with additional milk.
This recipe is considered as a great treat for the young and old alike. You may also include Graham crackers or other cookies in the mix. This serves 2-3.
2 tablespoon of banana powder (just crush banana chips)
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup of non-dairy milk (almond milk or coconut milk)
5-7 pieces dates (preferably pitted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 large ripe banana, sliced
Graham crackers or vegan cookies
Coconut whipped cream
- Chill your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer overnight.
- Soak the cashews for at least six hours. For best results, soak it overnight. Drain the cashews then add to the blender.
- Crush the banana chips into powder.
- Mix all the ice cream ingredients except the ripe banana and the cookies to the blender. Set it to liquify or puree. It should be completely creamy and blended afterwards. Add more banana powder or dates to suit your taste.
- Chill the mixture in the freezer for two hours but you can also set it in the fridge overnight.
- Add the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn well for about 45 minutes or if it looks like soft served.
- Spoon directly into 2-3 serving glasses and layer them with the sliced banana. Add Graham crackers or cookies if preferred. You can also add coconut whipped cream on the top of the mixture.
- Transfer the new mixture to the fridge or freezer to chill for about 4-6 hours.
- Serve well and enjoy.
All of the ingredients listed here are very easy to obtain and add to your vegan meal plan. Here are the health benefits in this recipe.
Dried Figs have anti-oxidants that help in weight loss, improve indigestion and prevent hypertension.
Bananas have high potassium content. They secrete serotonin, which reduce depression. It aids in digestion and normalize bowel motility. They are also natural antacids that helps relieve heartburn, acid reflux and GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease).
Cashews are monosaturated fats that have a lower fat content among other nuts. They reduce the risk of heart disease and helps in energy production of the body. It also regulates nerve and muscle tone and helps prevent gallstones.
Coconut oil, even though it has a high saturated fat content, it has lauric acid that can help increase good cholesterol in the body. It also helps in weight loss. It is a good replacement for other cooking oils.
Coconut milk is full of nutrition and contains Vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin B6. It can help eliminate disease-causing bacteria in the body. The main difference between coconut milk and coconut oil is that coconut milk has a higher mineral content than coconut oil.
Vanilla extracts have natural anti-oxidants like vanillin and vanillic acid. It helps reduce cholesterol levels and has anti-inflammation abilities. It also enhances the flavor of your food.
A banana cream pie blizzard is a great dessert to ward off the heat or to help you relax and enjoy your day. This desert is packed with nutrients and keeps you feeling vibrant the whole day. You can also substitute the ingredients of fruits to the ones you prefer to personalize your vegan meal plan. So what are you waiting for? Try out this dessert recipe now.