There are many easy vegan recipes that you can choose from. In this article, we’ll be talking about four wonderful, delicious vegetarian recipes that can give a dash of hotness to your meals.
The best thing about the vegan lifestyle is that many people practice it worldwide. It’s no wonder that many countries offer their unique and awesome vegan dishes.
Vegan Food: Want to try something different and exotic?
These dishes would help you expand your vegan menu and add ingredients to your vegan food list. Think of it as a great way to explore other people’s culture by tasting their specialty in their country.
All of the dishes mentioned below take roughly 45 minutes to an hour to be prepared. However, since they are not found in normal menus, you may have a hard time searching for the ingredients. You can try to use alternatives or find out where to get them. They are very easy vegan recipes to make.
West African Peanut Stew
It’s likely you’ve never been to Africa. But if you have, you’ll know that they are very fond of eating spicy food. This version is a tamed version of the real dish. However, if you wish to add more spiciness, just add more cayenne.
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (add more if desired)
2 tablespoon peanut oil (or any oil of your choice)
2 minced garlic cloves
2 large chopped onions
1 teaspoon of grated root ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro/coriander
1 small shredded cabbage
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
3 peeled and chopped tomatoes
8 ounces chopped okra
1 cup shelled peanuts
1/4 cup each apple and tomato juice
4 tablespoon peanut butter
- Sauté the garlic and onions together with the oil until the garlic starts to turn brown. Add cabbage, peanuts and sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add ginger, cayenne pepper, tomatoes and the juices in the pot. Simmer until cabbage is cooked.
- Add okra. Mix in the peanut butter and salt. Cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the stew becomes too thick, add more juice or water to the mix.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and let it cool.
- Serve well and enjoy.
This vegan menu includes some ingredients that are not easy to find, but you can use alternatives if you can’t use the actual ingredients. If you don’t like to use sweet potato, replace them with eggplants or yams. This meal is served best with rice.
The recipe can be found here:
Spicy Bean Goulash
From Africa, let’s now go to Hungary. This meal is very flavorful and satisfying.
1 large sliced onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
3 medium peppers (can be of any color), cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons oil
1 large diced potato
1 can of kidney beans, already drained and rinsed
1 can of tomatoes
8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Seasoning to taste
- Sauté the garlic and onions together with the oil for five minutes
- Add mushroom, potatoes, peppers and garlic and heat for another five minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer slowly for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
This dish is comes with a very simple recipe. The vegan food in the list can be found everywhere. It only takes time, as you need to wait for the ingredients to be fully cooked. It’s a very satisfying meal that is often consumed during the cold weather.
The original recipe link is here:
Last but not the least, we have the stir fried greens.
It has a colorful flavor with an assortment of sauces and condiments that you’ll surely love once you taste it.
2-3 finely sliced garlic cloves
1 teaspoon lemon grass, finely sliced
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 fennel bulb
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Guilin chili paste
50 grams cluster beans
50 grams green beans
1 tablespoon heavy cream/coconut milk
Pickled ginger and chopped parsley to garnish
Salt to taste
- Cut the fennel bulb. Remove the core. Thinly slice it and place in a bowl of chilled water.
- Blanch the two kinds of beans and boil them for a minute. Place them together with the fennel bulb afterwards. Leave them for a minute then drain the water.
- Add olive oil and sauté the chopped lemongrass and garlic in a hot pan for a few seconds.
- Mix the two kinds of beans and the sliced fennel.
- Add the Guilin chili sauce, salt, balsamic vinegar and light soy sauce.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add garnishing.
- Serve hot.
You might be wondering, what is a fennel bulb? A fennel bulb is a part of the carrot family and is used as a spice. The fronds are often found in salads. Add the fennel bulb in your vegan food list and don’t hesitate to use it again for other vegetarian recipes.
You may also replace the beans in the menu with different kinds of beans.
You can find the recipe here:
People all over the world can enjoy a vegan lifestyle. By trying out their unique dishes, it’s a great way to appreciate one’s culture. We hope you enjoyed making these vegetarian recipes as much as we did. Don’t be shy in trying out new dishes. Who knows? They might become your favorite.